Monday, January 25, 2010

Hello!

I've decided to start a blog of my own - primarily to help me do ONE thing - COMPLETE SETS!

I'm working, and have been working, on three sets and once I've completed them, I'll move onto another set; but there's a catch!

You see, I'm a completest. As in, a complete set to me includes all known variations, all relics, all autos, all mini's, all printing plates - EVERYTHING. I'm a bit anal retentive and I do not consider a set to be complete unless it's the ultimate master set.

The sets I'm currently working on is 2009 Allen & Ginter, 2009 Goodwin Champions, and 1910 to 1911 T206 tobacco card set. What some may think would take only a few months to accomplish - I predict to complete both these master sets would take about 2 years.

I kid you not.

Actually, the '09 Goodwin and Ginter, about 2 years.

The T206 - I'm giving myself about 20 years to complete that set. If you were to complete the set just on names, the set is approximately 520 cards or so (minus the big four of Plank, Wagner, Magie, and one other card). Again, because I want to complete a MASTER set, including the variations, some have estimated the set to be a total of over 6,900 cards.

Thus, the nickname, "The Monster."

Ok, that's it for now.

By the way, I buy packs of cards on occasion, and at random, just for fun, so I'll post those here too.

C-ya!

No comments: