Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I'm on a forum....

that I frequent that has everything to do with Pre-War cards. I've learned about 90% of what I know about vintage cards from this forum: Net54. You can find the link to the right.

It's so strange to collect vintage and modern day stuff because I have access to different venue's when buying cards.

Ebay for both new and modern and then several other auction sites for the higher end stuff. In other words, you won't find Jeter or Pujols cards on those auction sites: they're just too new. Oh, and still alive.

Take a look at this poll: (from Net54) (click on it to blow it up)



You can see the age bracket for a small control group and it's actually not that surprising.

I fall right smack in the middle of that category while another 25% fall into the younger category; 50% comprise of individuals older than my bracket - the generation that made a bit more money and got out of the dot-com boom before it went bust.

The point of this post? I'm super glad that the more mature group maintains a level of integrity for our hobby and the younger group is learning to keep that belief moving forward.

Rock on!

No comments: