Monday, February 22, 2010

Wow, I'm still sick....

I'm still sick and actually not feeling any better; I'm about the same, maybe a little worse.  Clearly, I have late seasonal flu symptoms, coupled with allergies, so it's been a eye-watering, lack of sleep, congested feeling for me as of late.

I did muster up the energy to go to Target to buy crap that I normally need and I asked my GF to pick out a few packs of Topps 2010.  I got some of the normal insert cards but I also got a Giveaway card - 1 out of 6 sounds about right, but I've been a bit more luck and I've been pulling them 1 out of 4 or 5 packs.  So, with that said, here's what I got:


1965 Sonny Siebert - you know, I really do like the give-away part of this years Topps.  More specifically, I really enjoy getting the older cards, not because they may, or may not, have any value, but it's introducing me to a time period of ball play that I don't really pay attention too.  I most pay attention to vintage and the Goodwin and Ginter stuff, so it's fun to get cards like this and look them up online.

Incidentally, speaking of Ginter, I saw some pics of the new 2010 Allen & Ginter.  Other than for a few other cards to be part of the insert set, the 2010 Ginter release is going to be fairly close to last years.  With that said, since I'm still trying to complete last years set, I will NOT be chasing 2010's release.  Will I buy a few packs?  Meh, we'll see :)

 Ok, more later!

No comments: